It's Okay To Be The Boss
Fight the Undermanagement Epidemic
It's OKAY to be the BOSS is a humorous, highly entertaining call to action for managers, supervisors, and leaders. Based on Tulgan’s bestselling book, this motivational video dispels the 7 myths that have created the current under-management epidemic at all levels of business.
As Bruce says, “Follow any problem in business…bad service, missed deadlines, soggy fries...whatever. Everything is somebody’s job and everyone has a boss. Everything leads back to the boss.”
Tulgan challenges managers everywhere to give up their “hands off = empowerment” style of managing and to re-engage with their employees - spelling out expectations, providing specific guidelines, correcting failure quickly and rewarding success even more quickly.
"In an era in which so much of the business teachings are focused solely on leadership, Bruce Tulgan makes it safe again to be a hands-on manager. It's OKAY to be the BOSS presents a clear plan to become the manager who will help your team thrive."
- Mike Archer, President, Applebee's
Recognize the 7 Myths of Management:
- The Myth of Empowerment
- The Myth of Fairness
- The Myth of the Jerk Boss
- The Myth of the Difficult Confrontation
- The Myth of the Natural Leader
- The Myth of the HR Police
- The Myth of Time
Embrace the 4 Habits of a Great Boss:
- Make TIME to Talk About the Work - have lots of small conversation about the work to be done.
- Talk Like a COACH - use descriptive language.
- Make ACCOUNTABILITY a Process, Not a Slogan - employees thrive when accountability is consistent.
- Deal with LOW PERFORMERS - 4 critical reasons why you must deal with low performers.
It's OKAY to be the BOSS provides leaders and managers a step-by-step guide back to being the boss their employees appreciate and deserve.
Support Material - Leader's Guide, Participant's Guide and Self-study GuideLength - 27 minutes